Friday, July 11, 2008

Teaching Baby Manners

Annabelle has been hitting me on occasion. I think one time she wacked me and I said Ow! and she has been doing it ever since. I think she thinks its funny. She'll come up to me and whack me and then say, "Ow!" Or she picked it up at daycare. I tell her to tell me she is sorry and she will sign sorry! I say you hurt mommy and you have to say your sorry so hopefully she is getting the message. I also tell her that we say we love each other with hugs and kisses.
She also signs Thank you. She has done it when I say, "thank you" or when I prompt her to say it to someone else but now lately she has been doing it appropriately. I gave her her teether the other night and she signed Thank you! Then the other morning I took her to the library for a storytime and she was playing with a little boy. The little boy handed her a puppet and she signed Thank you to him! Such a polite young lady! Except for the hitting!

No comments: